Nikolay heads up the new Moscow Office and is responsible for Eastern Europe as well as assisting with global instructions. Nikolay was a Master Mariner and served for 18 years with the Murmansk Shipping Co. and with a total of 27 years sea service. He is a graduate of the Odessa Maritime College and the Leningrad Higher Engineering Marine College.
He has worked for a number of shipping companies in the roles of ‘Head of Safety Navigation Department’ and was a project manager overseeing ship building. More recently he has been the Head of
Marine Department at RESO-GARANTIA, one of the leading Russian insurers.
His areas of expertise include:
– Computation of the transport and technologic charts for the transportation of various goods by sea and river vessels, of trans-shipments of goods in ports, and of bunker operations;
– Calculation of the run finance and economic figures (income, profitability, carriages cost, operational expenditures, taxes, amortization of key assets);
– Preparation and approval of agreements (agency contracts, commission agreements, delivery contracts, contracts of carriage, management contracts, freights, shipbuilding contracts, ship repair contracts, purchase and sale of vessels and others);
– Survey and analysis of the freight markets, shipbuilding and ship repair markets, second hand markets; formation of the statistic database on the availability of the fleet of the shipping companies and of the freight flows;
– Practice of the sea and the river of carriages (general, bulk cargo, large dimensions, long sized, heavy-lift, ro-ro, military carriages, dangerous cargoes, container carriages including refrigerated containers;
– Launching and operation on the line “Sunmar Container Line, Olympia (USA)” — ports of the Russian coast in the Far East and in South Korea, line container carriages between ports of Europe;
– Coordination of the fleet operation as the “Morflot” representative at the 0b Gulf, Yamburg (Russia).
– Skills of dispatching control as regards positions of vessels on the basis of the “Inmarsat-C’ system, routine and emergency correspondence with vessels and coastal organisations with the usage of adopted abbreviations and terminology.
Nikolay also achieved the Governmental award: “Honorary Polar Explorer”.
Contact Nikolay on + 01482 223832