Effective solutions from industry experts
Every shipment of project critical equipment carries it with high levels of risk whether it is being moved by land, sea or air. If project cargo does not arrive intact and on time the consequences can prove to be financially disastrous. Here at McAusland Turner we are not only the largest and oldest surveyors in our area but have amongst us the expertise and capacity to deliver everything that our clients demand. Our project cargo team comprises master mariners, engineers, consultants and industry experts ensuring that everyone involved in the total supply chain network are kept fully updated with all aspects of their specific area of interest.
We understand that proper planning and clear reporting to key contractors helps prevent delays and minimises risk.
When clients utilise marine transport we can assess the suitability of ships, barges and tugs and carry out Towage Approval surveys when necessary. Our specialist survey group can assist with loading plans, lashing plans, sea fastenings and even assist with the sourcing of the necessary gangs and lashing equipment required. Furthermore, any one of our specialist team can provide the necessary expertise required on site at the loading and /or discharging port.
Our team can provide the required service from our network of UK based offices and offices in Eastern Europe and South Africa. Expertise and experience you can rely on.
Previous Project Partners
We have worked for some of the world’s premier Freight Forwarders, Insurers and Shipping Lines both locally and globally. Our clients have requested our assistance from simple packaging projects to complex heavy lift load-outs.
We have provided Marine Warranty Surveys for those loading road trailers, to barges, to cargo vessels to transporter planes. Through quality, personalized treatment of every assignment our clients became partners and our partners then became our friends.
Experiences and Professionalism
One of the oldest and most respected marine surveying companies in the world now with an enlarged team of specialists in Project Cargo.
With over 130 years of experience and detailed knowledge of this specific area, McAusland and Turner proudly operate with top professionals in the field of Project Cargo so you get the best possible service and dedication.
We pride ourselves in our communication channels and convenience of accessibility to our clients, operating a strictly monitored 24/7 system because we understand the nature of the industry. We are always here when you need us.
What We Do
- Working with clients we will produce accurate and easy to follow lashing and securing calculations using specialist software
- All calculations are in accordance with DNV and IMO CSS Annex 13 regulations
- We will provide assistance when required in the sourcing of suitable lashing equipment
- We will produce stowage and lashing and securing plans including 3D modelling
- We will assess the suitability of the transport / vessel
- We determine the adequacy of stowage and securing
- Assist the master and stevedores in properly stowing and securing the cargo
- We will confirm the volume of the cargo and conduct accurate cargo measurement
- We conduct supervision of loading, discharging or transfer operation
- We conduct Marine Warranty Surveys on behalf of insurers